- Turn on the Terminal. (shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+T)
- Type “sudo pppoeconf”. (use “sudo” for LinuxMint,Ubuntu,etc & “yum” for CentOS)
- Type your admin user password. You will not see any password while typing it on the terminal. Don’t worry. It’s normal in the terminal.
- Follow the instractions & select “yes” all the time.
- When username required type the username which one your ISP (Internet Service Provider) gave you.
- After typing the username you will be asked for password. This time type the password which one your ISP (Internet Service Provider) gave you. (If you don’t remember your username or password than contact with your ISP.)
- Network icon on the taskbar may show you network is disconnected or there is no network. Don’t worry about it. For confirmation type “ping –c 10 google.com” on the terminal, If you see data is receiving than your net connection is established. Or you can browse internet on your internet browser.
- When you done all of this steps close the terminal.
- Now enjoy your internet.